Thursday, October 19, 2006

Overhaul

It's been a while - yet again. So here's an update:

On Sunday night I was promoted to Mage Officer for my World of Warcraft guild, Unknown. It's a big responsibility, but one that I am willing to, and able to, undertake . It doesn't mean I automatically get better geared up, but it does mean that I am in a position of respect and am expected to assist and attend ^.^

I wrote a 2,000 word essay on the merits of a formulaic approach to genre, taking the slasher genre as the main focus and using an example of the film Scream. IMO, it turned out pretty well. Not the most solid essay, but then: it can be hard to write 2k words on such a topic and keep it interesting. It's due in tomorrow - I wrote it on Wednesday.

I picked up my Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ CPU on Tuesday and spent the next two days backing everything up. I installed my 7600 GT graphics card and the CPU today and formatted my SATA's. Spent a lot of time trying to get the nVidia RAID controller to work, but to no avail; so I ended up using the Silicon Image one instead, which is what I had before. As I reinstalled Windows - my legit copy of Professional - it meant getting all the up-to-date drivers for everything - and setting my preferences again, too.

So yeah, my whole evening has been spent setting my computer up. The sad thing is, a lot of the data and media that I backed up has been lost due to poor quality DVD's. I'm going to have to work my way from the ground up with a lot of things. Meh, it's only stuff. So long as I can get WoW working flawlessly, I'll be happy ^^

-Timotheos
Do over

No comments: