Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back to Scripting


After thinking about it, the most probable reason that I don't write here every day is that I just don't feel like writing every day. Aside from the fact that almost every evening is spent in much the same way, my life is just so uneventful that I would have to come up with something out of the ordinary just to have content.

I started watching Stargate Atlantis. It's a little different. They play with Ancient technology a lot more, which is cool. BTW, this pic must be from season two, as I have no idea who the guy with dredds or the bald officer are, not to mention that Sheppard looks like a different actor. Then again, it could just be a bad hair day for him :p

Thinking about sci-fi has reminded me of that snippet I wrote a while back about those invisible entities that controlled humanity and were bent on basically destroying the souls of humankind. I'd like to go back to something like that, but I just need the motivation to plan something out and actually write it.

I read an article recently that encouraged writing just a few hundred words a week in order to put something together in about a year or so. 500 words a week for 52 weeks works out to 26,000 words. If each page is 300 words, that's more than 85 pages. Increasing what you write per week would see a book in no time ^^

Promise Keepers on the weekend was good, as usual. I didn't get anything really memorable out of it. I do, however, need to prioritise things again. It seems that WoW came and took the first place again, despite the fact that I do read the Word, etc. I spend too much time playing. Tomorrow, I'm going to write two essays for two different papers. That'll be a bit of a change. It's a good thing when the server goes down for a 36-hour maintenance period - encourages taking a break and doing RL stuff.

Yesterday, my monitor decided to play up, so I took it down to Dick Smith and did a service repair on it. Suffice to say, once I do get it back I'm going to pass it on to mum and dad because they could do with a 19" TFT. I spent a couple of hours researching monitors and reading up about them and decided on some optimal specs for my next monitor. I found the Samsung 204B to be the most fitting for what I want and so placed an order. Hopefully it will arrive before the end of the week. Awesome!


Went to bed at 2.30am last night. Some of my fellow guildies and I were talking on Teamspeak for ages. I was just farming in Silithus with a hunter and some of the other guys (and gals) were elsewhere in the world (on both counts), but we were just talking about random stuff. Good times :p

-Timotheos
Focussed

No comments: