Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Devil Wears Suede

My new screen has proved to be awesome. I've noticed a lot more detail ingame and everything is just so colourful and clear wherever.

We had a few attempts at the Nefarian fight on Sunday night. We didn't make it past phase 1 - the draconid spawns - but we did learn a little about what is effective and what isn't. Hopefully we can settle on a tactic and really get some practise in so we can push through to phase 2. Didn't realise how hard the fight was going to be until we actually had a few good attempts at it.

The family has come down for a week. They arrived today. My bro's girlfriend came down yesterday, too. Both she and our younger brother are staying with us this week. Mum looks way fitter than she has in years, which is good. Makes me feel that I need to exercise more and build my own strength up again.

We (my brother, his gf, our other brother and I) watched some crap movie tonight after spending the evening with family at our sister and brother-in-law's place. It's called "The Devil Wears Prada" - some fashion thing. I was able to recognise a few conventions and motifs of a classical narrative movie, at least :p

These entries seem to be getting farther and farther apart. I would like to make more of an effort to write - even something random that is space filler - but I've got a headache a lot of the time and find that between uni and playing WoW / posting to the forums, time just slips by more and more.

Speaking of university, I seem to be getting B+'s for most of my assignments. A little more dedication should see me push up to an A - but then, when you've got better things to do, like grind CC* rep, who can put that effort in to up their grades :p

*Cenarion Circle - currently revered and pushing for exalted, so I can get my [Blade of Vaulted Secrets]

And that's me. Server maintenance tonight sees the release of a small patch update that fixes a few things here and there; mostly with world PvP (Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands). I guess the mount changes aren't happening quite yet - which gives me a little more time to try and save up more gold for buying my mage's epic horse ^^

Dune dune dune dune :/

-Timotheos
Wheel of Tim

No comments: