Friday, March 24, 2006

At a stretch

The good writer writes, no matter how he or she feels. Although, my most fluid writing has always come when I am in an emotional extreme - more often in a state of depression than anything else. Interesting that with the boring life I currently have, I am not in such a state all that often - and so the lack of being emotionally high or low may be a part of the reason for my hesitancy and lack of writing. Then again, I already blamed WoW. Why dig deeper...?

So... although I have written fifteen pages at a stretch of just how I feel (it's been months since I had such a bout...), I am now faced with the daily task of submitting a written piece of my life. Taking a frame and producing words to express that small portion of time. A lot can happen in 24 hours; just ask Keifer Sutherland. But an entire rotation of the earth can also produce nothing of note, which is often the case of those who get up, go to work and then come home, only to relax in some mundane way until attempting to sleep. One full day that lacks accomplishment.

My intention is not to focus on my lack of excitement and events - but rather to grasp hold of everything I can in each day that I live. There is so much to be thankful for that even if the sun wasn't eclipsed and the house next door didn't burn down, I can still write - because it is in my nature; it is in my blood; the flow is there - it's just that, being human and all, I sometimes have to scoop the mud and grit away to allow the river free pace. For the unblocked mind is a torrent of unmatched strength!

Mum and dad rang me tonight. Nick went up to Hamilton to see Laurelle /rolleyes and so I am all alone - and will be for the next 8 or 9 days. It gives me plenty of time to finish Nick's present without fear of discovery, though. I know that he will be both amazed and pleased with what I am planning *grin*

I talked to my parents for a while. Seems that it's a bit of a struggle for dad with his troublesome students (makes me think of Shikamaru, hehe: always saying things are "troublesome" [men-dok-san, or something?]). Mum doesn't mind the rural life though. I bet Jonny doesn't like it up there though. Probably not enough city action. Not that Lower Hutt is a city of action - but in New Zealand terms it is still a city - my city. I could never live out in the wops. It's just not... life.

After my phone conversation with mum I rang Lish. We actually talked for more than half an hour. Makes me think of that movie with Ving Rhames where he would call his sister and confess each time he did a crime. In the end I think that was what gave him and his friend away. Can't quite remember the movie but that was one quirk that came to mind ^L^

Smallville. Having launched into Season Four (Season 5 is currently playing, I think - I do have about half of the new season, actually - just gotta get there before I start watching it!), we are finally introduced to Lois Lane. I must say, she's not half bad. In fact... she's pretty hot. At first glance, anyway. Which reminds me: we get a lot of international people coming into our store - after all, Wellington / Lower Hutt is a very multi-national and multi-cultural place. Today, some South American chick (chica?) was there with a guy - but man, she was fine! South American women seem to have an alluring beauty. Genetically they are wondrous, for sure! /ahem

SouthAmericanwifeftwwtfbbq!!@!!1ELEVEN!!1!

Stargate. Nothing special. Still slowly plowing through the fourth season. I believe this is the season where Daniel disappears and Jonas come onboard but I'm not sure. I know that when it was airing, I missed a lot due to Bible College and then my stint overseas. Which is why I started right from the beginning. I'd rather watch Smallville right through - not because it's a "teenage drama"; more for the fact that a) Lana and Lois are both hot; b) Super man is teh roXorz!; and c) The wit between Lionel and Lex Luther and the ambiguities and metaphors that surround them bring a whole new understanding to Superman's biggest nemesis. I thrive on anything pertaining to human nature. Especially with that science fiction factor thrown into the milieu ^o^

And so the trek to supreme authority continues~

Oh, my hidden puns are enjoyable. It's like Where's Wally, text style. The keyboard is mightier than the sword. Cross words can be fun XD

-Timotheos

No comments: