Saturday, March 25, 2006

Speaking Volumes

My book collection consists of more than 98 books. I have all of my standard fantasy / sci-fi / adventure books catalogued - but I have a handful of other books; and not just non-fiction (which I don't count as part of my collection). So basically I currently have 98 novels - some are stand-alone works but most are fantasy series'.

I intend to complete a lot of the series' that I have so far - especially getting the first volume in a series I only have one or two books in. There are quite a few that I haven't even read since I am waiting until I have the first volume. I guess I could utilise the library or try to find ebooks - but reading is quite time consuming and I'd rather focus on one book at once, putting in time for writing my own masterpiece ^L^

Following this is a listing of all the fantasy / sci-fi novels I have. I've also compiled into a spreadsheet a list of books that I have yet to get hold of, despite my bookshelf looking nicely filled already. The simple fact is, I like to collect books in paper form, and although I haven't bought anything in a long time, I spent today revising my database and revising the list that I have of books I would like to get to add to that collection.

Arden, Tom
The King and Queen of Swords

Attanasio, A. A.
The Shadow Eater

Brooks, Terry (he wrote The Phantom Menace)
The Word and the Void (3 volumes in one)
First King of Shannara
The Sword of Shannara
The Elfstones of Shannara
The Wishsong of Shannara
The Scions of Shannara
The Druid of Shannara
The Elf Queen of Shannara
The Talismans of Shannara
Ilse Witch

Catran, Ken
The Ghosts of Triton

Claremont, Chris and Lucas, George (Mr. Star Wars himself)
Shadow Dawn

Clancy, Tom and Pieczenik, Steve
One is the Loneliest Number

Cole, Allan
Wolves of the Gods

Cornwell, Bernard
Excalibur

Crichton, Michael
Congo
The Lost World

Douglass, Sara
Battleaxe
Enchanter
Starman

Drake, David
Queen of Demons

Feist, Raymond E. (a favourite author)
Magician
Silverthorn
A Darkness at Sethanon
Rage of a Demon King
Shards of a Broken Crown
Krondor: The Betrayal
Krondor: The Assassins
Krondor: Tear of the Gods

Goodkind, Terry
Wizard's First Rule (currently missing)
Blood of the Fold
Temple of the Winds
Soul of the Fire

Harbinson, W. A.
The Crystal Skulls

Hobb, Robin (writes under this pseudonym - her real name is Margaret Ogden)
Assassin's Quest

Irvine, Ian (Aussie author)
A Shadow on the Glass
The Tower on the Rift
Lost the third volume...
The Way Between the Worlds

Jefferies, Mike
Threads of Magic

Jordan, Robert (another favourite author)
The Eye of the World
The Great Hunt
The Dragon Reborn
The Shadow Rising
The Fires of Heaven
Lord of Chaos
A Crown of Swords
The Path of Daggers
Winter's Heart

Kerr, Katharine
Darkspell
The Red Wyvern
The Black Raven
The Fire Dragon

King, Stephen
The Green Mile in six individual volumes (boxed set):
The Two Dead Girls
The Mouse on the Mile
Coffey's Hands
The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix
Night Journey
Coffey on the Mile

Leith, Valery
The Company of Glass

Mann, Phillip
The Dragon Wakes
The Burning Forest (didn't like this series)

McCaffrey, Anne
Freedom's Choice

McKenna, Juliet E. (good author)
The Thief's Gamble
The Swordsman's Oath
The Gambler's Fortune
The Warrior's Bond (great series)

Modesitt, Jr., L. E. (another fav. - very talented)
Legacies
The Magic of Recluce (Recluce is an awesome series)
The Towers of the Sunset
The Magic Engineer
The Order War
Colours of Chaos
Scion of Cyador
The Spellsong War
Darksong Rising

Moorcock, Michael
Corum: The Coming of Chaos

Peretti, Frank E.
Piercing the Darkness
Prophet
This Present Darkness

Silverburg, Robert
Lord Prestimion
The Mountains of Majipoor

Smith, E. E.
Triplanetary (very old sci-fi)

Starbuck, Kathlyn S. (Raymond E. Feist's wife)
Time in Mind

Tolkien, J. R. R. (need I say more?)
Missing the first because I want to find one with a matching cover...
The Two Towers
The Return of the King

Weiss, Margaret and Hickman, Tracy
Well of Darkness

Whitbourn, John
Downs-Lord Dawn
Downs-Lord Day

Williams, Tad (good author, too)
City of Golden Shadow
River of Blue Fire
Mountain of Black Glass
Sea of Silver Light (another awesome series - sci-fi)

Wurts, Janny (her writing is very... complex)
The Curse of the Mistwraith
The Ships of Merior
Fugitive Prince
Peril's Gate (this series is really good but she's been taking her time to release them)

I realise that I'm lacking a lot of information - there's no indication of which books go to what series or which volume within each series each book pertains to. This is a basic list taken from my database to give a fair idea of what I have without going too indepth.

That about sums up my Saturday. I did spend a lot of time this morning cleaning and then went downtown to get a haircut and grab a few things. Just been wasting time online tonight and watched The Transporter - the audio seems to get out of sync on that movie no matter which copy of it I get...

And... I'm playing the drums tomorrow morning at church ^L^

Good night!

-Timotheos

No comments: