Monday, March 13, 2006

Oh, snap!

I bought a camera today. Well, I put it on layby a few weeks ago and intended to pay it off over the full three months, one payday at a time; however, I figured that since all international job applications require a photo of the applicant, what better way than to snap one from my own camera? Plus, I could affix a new photo with every single application.

I'm going to be applying for as many English teaching jobs in Japan as I can this month. I have my heart and mind set on heading over there as soon as possible. I'd like to say goodbye to retail within the next two months, at most.

So... whilst I wait for my batteries to charge, I can only wonder why I would fork out $325 for a camera. Perhaps it was the size of it - and the fact that it's six megapixels and has a 2" screen; compact but not pencil-thin. I already took a snapshot that showed up ok, so as soon as I can repower the thing (the packaged batteries lasted all of five minutes, as was expected), I'll figure out how to transfer that picture to my pc. Yeah, it didn't recognise the camera when I plugged it in. Go, go, electronics whiz...

I fasted today. I just felt in my spirit that it would benefit me, especially since I will need everything to work pretty smoothly if I'm to heed the call and head out across the Pacific to some place amidst four small islands, where the inhabitants observe strange customs and speak a different tongue to my own native babble.

Ah, I love the English language. I don't know what people complain about - inconsistency? Meh, that's what learning is all about. I realise that a lot of English speakers struggle with their own language, but for a person such as myself, who has a passion for both the oral and written word, c'est ne probléme pas ;)

Once I am able - and I will be able - to speak another language of this diverse world, I will reflect on my native tongue and continue to marvel at the flexibility that makes it so wonderful to speak - and to write. I can express most anything at any time (given the time. Here's a secret: I prefer to write because it gives me more time to formulate my feelings and ponder the particulars XD). But who knows how one feels when one is bilingual...

*The pudding master decides that now would be a good time to finish this entry*

Yes, nothing exciting happens during the week. Those batteries are probably charged. It's playtime!

-Timotheos

No comments: