Thursday, March 16, 2006

No one sleeps in Tokyo

I wrote this last night. Dunno, I was just thinking and decided to put down a few words:

You cannot hope to even contemplate all that God is. There is no explanation, limitation, description or dimension. We can only think of God as far as our thinking goes. Our perspective is limited by our understanding. Our thoughts cannot formulate an adequate image of God and therefore what we think we know of Him and about Him is limited, lacking and incomplete. We do not need to prove His existence because He cannot not exist. It is impossible for there not to be a being that goes beyond our reasoning, as our reasoning is limited by our mental capacity. God has no capacity but encompasses all things. To even entertain the thought that we exist without there having been an existence is an oxymoron. Ex nihilo nihilo.

Logic points towards a creator.

That's about as far as I got. Now I'm too tired to think of any carry-on from that. Perhaps one day I'll do a follow-up of sorts. I guess I was just flexing my apologetic muscles.

My birthday was more than two weeks ago. Nick never got me a present then (lazy guy) but he finally got around to it, having finished class early today. I got the first two volumes of Initial D (manga) by Shigeno Shuichi (surname first, Otaku impaired readers). Of course, these manga are purely in English, but at least they still read from the back to the front (right to left). Makes them feel that much more Japanese, despite the fact that the manga style will always be associated with Japan, no matter who draws (or translates) it.

I can think of four reasons why I would be much better off going to South Korea than to Japan: 1. It's highly Christian and there is an abundance of churches and other Christian support; 2. I can read and write Korean without a problem, and can even speak and understand a little - 나 는 한국어를 조금 알하요 ^^; 3. I have friends there; 4. I have been there before and am familiar with a number of customs and other things, such as public transport.

So, it would make sense for me to go to Korea, right? But Japan presents so much more of a challenge. I barely speak or understand any Japanese; I can't read the language (it looks impossible!); I am unfamiliar with a lot of what goes on there; I know that they are a perverted and completely spiritually bankrupt nation who need to be given the Truth. And that's the reason that I am being called there. The Japanese people need to experience God - I mean, it is much more beneficial through their own people, but so few have a working relationship with the Living God. This is a part of my mission. I need the teaching experience but I also need to begin to fulfil my destiny. This is a necessary part of my journey. God will provide ^L^

Work is pretty crazy right now. We have these big-wigs from Aussie coming through our store tomorrow so managers from all around Wellington were in today, ripping the store apart to reorganise everything. It's almost had a complete overhaul. My area never looked so shiny! To top it all off, I sold a laptop (with an extended warranty, w00t!) last thing. I don't mind finishing 20 mins late when I make more than an hour's wage of commission XD

Each painstaking day in retail that goes by, brings me ever closer to my goal...

-Timotheos

No comments: