Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Be Your Own GM

Blogger was playing up last night :/

Spent a couple of hours finding out about setting up a private World of Warcraft server. It was a real mission tracking down an emulator and reading up on it. I thought I had it all sorted but then I just couldn't connect - so I figure that you need to install WoW somewhere else and have an earlier patch - plus, I found what looks to be a better emulator anyway, so I'll suss that all out this morning, hopefully before I sort the real game out - since patch 1.12 was finally released during mainenance last night! Servers are still down, though, which is why I'm installing WoW again and will give this emulator another shot.

So what if I go down a rank - I will make up for it by cross-realm PvPing like a crazy-man. As for my private server, I've always wanted to just do what I like. It would be cool for so many reasons - one-manning Ragnaros; getting to secret locations; giving yourself uber items to play with... and so on.

Well, enough about that. It may just turn out to be a great waste of time - imagine trying to get my addons to work :/

My warrior is level 53 now. Yay ^^

-Timotheos
Rawl

No comments: