Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Maximum Damage


There really is no reason that I haven't been posting a blog entry every day. I just seem to run out of time and go to bed really late. All this free time and I got 170K PvP honour, played my warrior and hunter, and played on the PS2 quite a bit: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2. Yet, I just don't get other stuff done. Sleeping in late doesn't really make it easy to fit everything into the day, either :/

I hope that I rank up to my old rank tonight. I won't know until I log in tomorrow. With so many people PvPing like crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if I barely made it up to rank 8 again. Once I'm back at uni I won't get anywhere near what I did this last week, honour-wise. As part of a raiding guild, raids do take priority over everything. Since most of the time I'm logged in is during the times that we raid, suffice to say I just won't get a whole lot of PvP done - and what I do get to do won't be as effective, as we tend to lose a lot. I need an organised group to play with or I will never make Commander :(

Dual wielding two-handed weapons is awesome. I need to empower a couple of awesome two-handers so my barbarian is insanely powerful. So far I'm doing pretty well. I'm recalling each level in BG:DA2 as I do them. I remember when Jonny and I played together for a while. That was back when I was living with mum and dad in Taita. The days of my crazy FFX playing. I got Tidus's Celestial Weapon and could hit for ~65K, lol.

My warrior is now level 54. Not too far to go, really, but it will still take me a while. There are a lot of necessary quests / items to get by level 60 for endgame content. It really depends on how much I'll actually play my warrior at level 60. Can't dedicate yourself to more than one character, really. Most guilds won't allow for that. Still, I'm allowed to bring alts to MC, which is cool. I'll see, once Gaiwyn has all the stuff I want from there, if I can complete Elvanus's T1 armour set. Will probably just run ZG / AQ20 with Gidaeon and do a bit of PvP - once my mage has reached Commander.

The new talents look awesome - for the expansion release and levelling to 70. This is my intended mage talent build. Summon water elemental FTW ^^ The expansion is going to rock - but it's also going to mean playing a lot to level your character/s to the new cap. At least you can alternate characters to optimise rested xp, heh.

-Timotheos
learn2post

No comments: