Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mythtery


It's always best to write down what you are thinking, as close to the time you thought it as you can. This is where a dictaphone would come in handy - could endeavour to be a little embarrassing, if you're in a public place and decide to have an epiphany ^^

Today was a good day. It could have been better, but it's better to say that a day was good than focussing on what could have improved it. University seems to be full of coincidences - or at least events seem to point to a divine hand that is guiding things in their course, ensuring that all goes well according to a higher purpose.

For example, I left a lecture this afternoon and began making my way to my film tutorial. I bumped into a classmate who was heading in the wrong direction. He'd just had a test so was a little frazzled and had completely forgotten about the tute. What would have been the result had I not spotted him? It's interesting how events come together like that.

Mystery girl is still a strong focus for me. I'm thinking I'll just call her Mystery from now on - makes it sound a little more... mysterious XD And hey, if, by some divinely crafted happenstance, things do work out - as I hope against hopes that they miraculously do - then maybe the beat of my Blog will change. Less WoW, more Mystery. ROFL. I can't help but laugh at my own folly - if indeed it could be called that. Ineptitude, possibly.

As usual, I walked up the stairs this morning towards the lecture theatre wherein I had my scheduled ENGL114 lecture. Who should be sitting on the seat second nearest to the top of the landing, but Mystery; reading a book. And so, as fate would have it, I was able to talk to her a little before the lecture started. I even determined where she lives. And to make things even better, I had the blessing of being able to sit next to her for that particular lecture. Not a big deal, really, as I tend to concentrate on what's happening and try to take full notes. Still, it was... a start.

I expected to see Mystery in my ENGL112 lecture this avo, but her appearance failed me. It was in hope of that expectation being fulfilled that I decided to break off our engagement after the first English lecture without first procuring her number. Once again, I feel the need to slap my forehead in disappointment. It was a small oversight but one that left me feeling somewhat inadequate. Could have gone the extra little way but didn't - now I have an entire evening ahead of me where I will wonder how things would be right now had I asked. Of course, there would have been one of two possible outcomes: receiving the mysterious number or being outright, mysteriously rejected. I'd like to hold onto hope of the former. At least for now.

Tomorrow will bring the deciding factor: will she or won't she? Tune in tomorrow night to find out if he did or he didn't :p

-Timotheos
Just ask!

No comments: