Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Edge of Madness


Just a small picture tonight ^^

Wow, patch 1.12 has made for an awesome change - but with great change comes great server issues. There may have been 74 Warsong Gulch games running at once but it's no good if everyone is teleporting all over the place and can't leave afterwards. Cross-realm PvP opens one up to all new experiences (playing with people you've never met) - and to the same old frustrations (organised Horde groups FTL). But I'm happy with where this has gone - and is going. I look forward to actually having a chance to rank up - maybe even to my desired rank of Commander (Rank 11). We shall see ^o^

No success so far on the Private Server, either. I spent a lot of time today trying to get two different emulators to run my second copy of WoW (patched with oldschool 1.8) so I could experience the l33tness of being a level 255 GM. But no, it just refused to behave. Might try some other time but now that the new patch has gone live I have to play the real thing: attend guild raids, hang out with guildies, enjoy this all new PvP experience.

Looks like my warrior will be level 53 for quite some time yet. Ah well. Better to spend this time getting as much honour as possible and seeing if I can't make some decent progress towards getting my old rank back. Yup, I ranked down to Knight-Lieutenant (Rank 7). Pretty disappointing but not really any surprise.

Did I mention PvP? Yup, thought so. This is the extreme edge of some sort of midnight madness pitiously playing tiresome tricks and sending swirling serenades cascading calmly into the necrotic nether. Tabards of victorious proclamation and an honourable call to arms ensures victory.

-Timotheos
haX

No comments: