Sunday, July 16, 2006

Like A Pro

The thing with formatting your entire system, especially when you've been running it for more than a year, is the sheer volume of what needs to be saved - and the amount of programmes and the like that have to be reinstalled. My intention is to format my entire system sometime before Wednesday - but from then on in it will be an arduous process of setting everything back up again, no matter how much has been backed up and kept intact, structure-wise. Gotta back it all up first, and that in itself will be a real mission, especially considering that I have to sort through everything.

Guess there'll be no PvP for me tomorrow night, unfortunately. Not only do I know that I have to force myself to study and stay on top of things, but it will be best to sort through all of my files, ready for the format. Then again, I could always leave it until another time and see if I can get myself a legitimate copy of Windows XP Professional. Not that what I'm running is pirated, but it is a corporate version that is no longer supported by Microsoft. I would just feel better having paid for a copy of Windows that I can call my own. The last one I bought was Win 95 :/

My warrior is doing well. I dropped Enchanting to take up Skinning. I already left a note on my Mage's guild signup page to say I couldn't make tonight's Ahn'Qiraj raid due to drumming at church - a good opportunity to come home and play my warrior. If only I'd decided to change professions a little earlier, I would have saved myself a lot of time and hassle. Ah well, it's the easiest profession to level. I never made much money with my Hunter skinner but I'll see how a Warrior skinner does ^^

As for collecting Glowing Scorpid Blood for the awesome epic Darkmoon Faire amulet that my mage would look so good in, I really should hand in something else until my rep goes up. Collecting 600 of them would take forever :s

-Timotheos
Skinning

No comments: