Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Fish 'n Chips

When I went to India in Feb 2005, I took 23 flights within one month. I also spent my 25th birthday in Singapore, en route to Sri Lanka. My pastor and I visited various places throughout all of India, including Assam and Nagaland, two states in the very restrictive North-East, and Bengal, just below the Tibetan border.

While I was there, I took to drawing, tribal style. I did a flame, a rocket and a cross, amongst a few other drawings. Ok, so I'm not the greatest artist in the world but with writing and acting talent, I guess it stands to reason that I at least enjoy drawing. Don't look for a webcomic anytime soon. You won't find one.

Actually, I often draw when I'm listening to the Sunday morning sermon. It helps me put things into context and keeps my somewhat active mind occupied - or my hands, whatever. It's just so hard to sit still for that long and I find that I listen better if I'm actually putting image to what I'm hearing. Well, what I draw, when inspired, isn't always related to what I'm hearing, but it all helps ^L^. So now you know my secret... *shhh*

A little shading goes a long way. If I draw a weapon, I like to shade it - for depth - and also to put some sort of glowing effect around it. It just looks cool XD I've had a wee bit of practice now drawing weapons (seems to be the only thing I'm any good at, lol) but still like to try my hand at people, expressions, and mundane objects. I'd say I write a lot more than I draw but it still holds my interest and is something that I enjoy doing.

The following is a partial reconstruction of the tribal cross I drew while we were in Nagaland - staying in a mansion, for the record ^o^ I'm going to complete this computerised version eventually but it sure takes a lot of work!



-Timotheos

ps. Bonus points for getting the title reference. No cheating!

1 comment:

Geckomayhem said...

Today's title.

Hint: "Little Britain" - cake. Oh, I looove cake!