Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Reflecting on the Future

One year ago, I had much the same thoughts as I have had recently. Last night, as I was shifting files, I stumbled across this piece that I wrote:

"God will change this nation, but he needs us. He needs me. This isn't a statement of self-worth and pride but a recognisable truth.

"Success is achieved through recognising mistakes and seeking solutions rather than admitting defeat and facing failure.

"I am on my way to success and the Holy Spirit is in me. He is with me. There are dreams and aspirations. There are goals and desires. God has put desires in me that offer opportunities to achieve. I am a gifted writer. I enjoy writing and know that this is an avenue that will definitely lead not just to my own success but to ultimately helping to change our nation: offering citizenship in the Kingdom of Light to the multitudes whose lives are currently shrouded in darkness.

"People don't even question truth anymore. God is calling me to use my innovative writing talent to encourage this fickle, yet spiritually hungry generation, to truly seek what matters: eternity with Jesus.

"What do people seek the most? Self-gratification... entertainment... instant answers... short-term fulfilment. The biggest area of leisurely impact is film and television. It has the greatest influence on our finite, pleasure seeking existence. People are after appeal. They want to be entertained. It isn't right, however, to offer just pure amusement. You can't make a person think for themselves but apathy is far too abundant in our country -- especially with the upcoming generation whose life aspirations will have the most impact on the world itself. This 21st Century existence contains a lack of moral standards and an over-abundance of satisfaction-driven pursuit.

"A fiery insider portrayal of Christianity is not readily available to the masses. Though I can't possibly know everything that is available to the world I don't see anything globally impacting that attracts people to repentance and admitting the inadequacy and fallability of humankind. After all, the disguises of sin are many.

"It can't hurt to pursue something that interests me if it is a grand part of what God has created me for. Society tends to see the judgemental, rule-keeping side of Christianity more than anything else. More joy, relief, answers, hope, freedom, and passion come from living out our faith than from any other way of life. The truth speaks for itself but we are surrounded by hearers of the world, rather than doers of the Word.

"The first thing is to pray with purpose; to pray with a God-inspired pursuit in mind. With the right endeavour to pray about, doors will open and the path will pave itself. Nothing can be done without the answer - to embrace the cliché - having come from above. Wherever I set my mind to -- and this is not an ethereal supposition in which I don't have at least part of an actual, Holy Spirit plan -- it must be God's designation; and I must assume the role that has been fore-ordained for me.

"What I really want to express is that I will always seek God's advice and that he has been speaking to me about utilising what he's given me. I already know some of the decisions that will be made and I have some idea of where this is all going, but only God really knows... everything.

"I will write for film and television and give to the world unique, entertaining and truly inspiring media. I seek not to be affamed but to answer the deepest call that the Holy Spirit has been building for so long. The young people of New Zealand, and even beyond our shores, will be won for Jesus in a way that only the Holy Spirit could unction. Jesus is the lifegiving author; I am his scribe. I will answer; and I will act. We are the future.

"Tim JM Gough, 25 April 2005"

Interesting :)

-Timotheos
History repeats

No comments: