Sunday, April 02, 2006

That Is Not My Dog

Steve Martin does Peter Sellers justice. In the recently released Pink Panther (2005) movie, he plays Inspector Jacque Clouseau, formerly played by Peter Sellers (RIP). The crazy French police officer returns in this modernised rendition of the classic movies. Also starring Jean Reno (The Professional {한국어: 레옹 Léon}, Ronin), Beyoncé Knowles and Kevin Kline (as Chief Inspector Dreyfus), the standard antics ensue as a murder involving the notorious pink panther diamond is investigated.

Set in the early career of Clouseau we are not entertained with the nostalgic partnership that is Kato, Clouseau's longtime sidekick / house servant / "training partner", but are instead greeted with Clouseau's hilarious stumblings, bumblings and romantic capering as he wreaks havoc whilst successfully solving the case, right under the nose of his Chief Inspector. Poor Dreyfus. It's no wonder he went mad and tried to take over the world.

Dad introduced us to the old pink panther movies when we were much younger and since then I have always been a fan. They have ever been a part of our memories as a family and so watching this movie tonight I am reminded of the days as a child / young teenager, when we would watch movies together as a family. Now I'm all alone and wonder just when I'll have a family of my own.

God's timing is perfect and he puts in us a desire for companionship, relationship and friendship. Pastor Seth's sermon this morning was about community. Jesus is the head but the head is never detached from the body. Individualism was never God's intention. Any ministry, any local house (of the catholic church) and any group as a part of building and further establishing the Kingdom of God is a part of God's overall plan for us - and a part of Jesus' Great Commission to us. We cannot but work together to see every mission fulfilled and every destiny met.

Kristen then went on to talk about sowing and reaping, with focus on the relocation later this year. Whatever you plant is what you will reap - and faith without works goes absolutely nowhere (James 2:17). God totally wants to prosper us but prosperity is not all about currency. Healing, salvation, miracles, good health, loving friends - all of these make a person rich. Still, I would like to be both successful and financially secure. Because the more you have, the more you can give - and everyone knows how much I like to give ^L^

Health, prosperity and a wife; three big asks - but nothing is impossible for God! XD

-Timotheos

ps. If you don't get the title of this one, then more's the pity XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah those Pink panther movies are always fun. The new one looked pretty funny in the commercials but all the critics and regular folks say other wise. I remember my neighbors were lucky to experience them in the theaters and then they sort of introduced them to me when the movies were on TV. Fun stuff. I was a big fan of the cartoons too. I think the Hanna Barbbera company made those. So funny. They also coupled them with The Ant eater and the ant and there was another one, oh yeah I don't remember the name of it but it was with this shark and his buddy that was always after this guppy fish I think. I wish they would show those again.

Geckomayhem said...

My uncle had a pink panther stuffed toy when we were kids. It'd be in tatters now if it was still around. I also enjoyed the cartoons.

Nothing could beat the original Pink Panther movies for their select humour and absolute classiness but I give this new one a big thumbs up, especially in light of that one, 'Son of the Pink Panther', that was released in the late 'nineties.