Friday, May 12, 2006

Tell My People

It seems that since upping my playtime I'm struggling to find the time to write a proper Blog entry - especially "on time". In a game like WoW, there is just so much to do, that time flies and you don't really get other things done. It's always just-one-more-thing; or so it seems.

It used to be that in the early hours of the morning, I would write well*. At least, that's what I've always thought. It's in staying up late in those rare moments that I have, in the past, written screeds of notes on just what I'm thinking and feeling. Personal moments, mind you - but in reflection, I really did write a substantial amount of real stuff. Now, as I live each day, each week, each month - and as everything just flies by so fast I barely have time to blink - this practice of writing whatever comes to mind has become quite a struggle. Perhaps I just lost my motivation there for a while.

*Or like a man on some sort of adrenaline-based drug. Those 2am conversations on msn had their moments...

But a writer can always come back to where he was and begin anew - just like what I did after that two month absence from when I first planted this Blog until making it a daily dedication. Nothing much really happens in my life - especially now that I've gone back to playing games - and so it's no wonder that these past few weeks' entries have been rather lacking - in both content and length.

I could reflect on my intentions; I could reflect on past experiences; or I could just write. It truly is about time I had a voice recorder - so much more inspiration would be put into legible words. Too many fleeting thoughts are lost forever; after all, one can only think so much at once. Unless your entire train of thought is somehow recorded, most of what you think goes into the annals of silent history, never to be heard or expressed. How many tens of thousands of words have I failed to write, simply because my mind cannot cope with as much as goes through it in any given period of time?

Yes. Yes, I think I'll get a voice recorder. Perhaps even my spoken word will improve. It's one thing to explore thoughts and write anything of your choice - it's quite another to hold your own in a conversation; to deliver a powerful speech; to spring forth a silken flow of melodic expression. Unless you get inspired, most of what you say tends to be rather dull and lifeless - full of stupid remarks and fillers that only pollute the air rather than bring vibrance and vitalisation to the immediate surrounding environment.

It's like when you pray. The Holy Spirit takes your tongue and makes it his own. You know the words as they come to mind - and as you speak those words your mind fills with the next words; and so it flows. If we can pray with fervour and express ourselves in such a powerful and inspiring way, why not show such enthusiasm in all that we do and say? For true wisdom comes from the One Who created us - as we exercise that wisdom, He is gracious to increase our capacity and sow more and more inspiration into our hearts and minds.

It does take a lot of thought to avoid poor speech habits. Words that can be demeaning, or even redundant, in a sense. To speak simply because sound should be made is implausible. And yet, far too often we say more than should be said - and often then it isn't enough to truly satisfy the situation. Wasted words are an imbalance; explanations are often insufficient; expressions are seldom adequate.

I want my writing to be both memorable and inspiring. I want to show the world just how important it is to be proud of what you do well. I want my words to speak truth and hope and to forge a powerful, global destiny. This Blog is an ever-adjusting balance; an asphalt speedway, imbued with twists and turns to defy the decomposing status quo.

Onward, outward, upward
Life progresses, unabated.

-Timotheos
Questus completus

No comments: