Friday, May 05, 2006

Writing is an Art

But then, so is drawing and painting.

I like a lot of the World of Warcraft fanart that is submitted. There are some truly talented player-fans out there.

Take for example, this piece. I wonder how long it takes to outline, fill and colour something as detailed as this? I foresee a lot of people who can draw as well as many of these fan artists going pro. I write well - I want to write professionally. It seems that a lot of people can draw well. They should want to draw professionally.

I've always wanted to be involved in designing a game. Perhaps a backstory, character creation or even heading a design unit. It's not for lack of trying, either. Well, maybe I didn't try enough. A few years back, I did manage to get a design team together - but communication wasn't the best and everyone being from different countries, it made it difficult to get past all but the initial stages. Still, it was a good learning experience for all involved. After all, I had some artists / 3D modellers, programmers, designers and even a music / sound fx composer. Megiddo. Yup, it was a great idea.

Ideas - even great ideas - mean nothing if you don't at least try to put them into practise. It's the trying and failing that really helps you to move onto the next idea - until such a time as you can be serious and determined enough to succeed. Because one day I will succeed at something major. For now... I think I'll just keep writing, keep playing, and allow the ideas to flow however they may.

Talent is something you are born with; the outworking of creativity is learned.

-Timotheos
I've got an idea...

No comments: