Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tempo

This Blog should mostly be about what I'm thinking and who I am. I am a writer, I'm a gamer, I'm a Christian, I'm a 26-year old single man, I'm many things all rolled into the person that is me. Passions, desires, expectations, habits, delights, disappointments, shortcomings, changes, beliefs, problems, anxieties, stresses, excitements, undulating waves of emotional turmoil and peace that engulf all existence, action and thought. So it is and so it will be.

Proudmoore may be a bad server for a New Zealander. The majority of players are in an American timezone and so I don't play at peak times. This is good in one sense, as popular places are not always overwhelmed - though often they still are - but also bad, in the sense that Battlegrounds queues are often endless (as in, PvP never starting) - especially during the week - and it is harder to find good players for instances and elite quests. Still, it is the diversity and the fact that it's one of the realms that existed from the outset of the game that makes it worth playing on.

Humour should be welcome at any given time of the day. Everyone has a different view of humour - some people get the most obscure allusions almost instantaneously; others scratch their heads and wonder if it was supposed to be serious or funny. Puns are fun. Clever language always impresses me. When people take something that exists and is well known and tweak it here and there to suit the current situation - that's something well worth respecting.

I love chocolate. Whenever I see blocks of chocolate on special at the Supermarket, I'm tempted to buy, not one, but two. One doesn't always give into temptation. But if they are still on special the next time, then fate has already decreed that those two tasty, wrapped blocks of sugary goodness are heading to your bedroom drawer...

When the Internet is uncapped - from Sunday, I believe - I'm going to attempt a 45 minute Stratholme run to try and further a quest chain to get my mage's Tier 0.5 armour pieces. Not only that, but questing and PvP should be much more manageable. I may even find the time to take my warrior through Gnomeregan next week.

Oh, the joys of freedom that keep us from the edge of an eclectic mindscape fraught with decisions to affect the future of effect.

-Timotheos
Increasingly alert

No comments: