Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Obsess Much?

Reminded of the days when I was into my website design and image editing, it seems that whatever holds my interest does so to such an extent that all other things are overshadowed. Right now, of course, World of Warcraft sucks away almost all of my free time. I'm trying to achieve goals, as virtual and unrewarding as they are. When I was into my web design, I would spend hours working on code and manipulating images until everything was perfect - then go back the next day and tweak things again. I sometimes wonder if other people are as obsessive as I am. Perhaps it's related to my need to always be "doing" something - kind of a habit I've formed, I guess. That's probably also related to my inability to sleep properly.

During the period of so much online activity, I made friends in various places and in various ways - and now? The people that I used to chat to on msn probably no longer even remember me. As we get older, we lose contact with people who have been a part of our lives. And if you are sucked into something that occupies your time, you find that you have less and less time to spend with people - and yet, relationships are a huge part of why we were created in the first place.

I hope that becoming a part of university life will help to change both my outlook and current demeanour. Obsessive gaming has stripped me of an integral part of my humanity that was such a struggle to win back over the course of being molded and shaped at Bible College in 2002. My lack of relationship has somewhat weakened my social adroitness, to the point that it is difficult to communicate with people for extended periods of time. At least God's Word has never paled in my choice of action and priority.

Easily distracted only scratches the surface.

I really do need a girlfriend.

-Timotheos
Axiomatic

No comments: