Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sprawling Antropolis

Back when we were little noobs taking our first steps in the world of Azeroth, my brother and I both played Night Elves, and so Teldrassil was the starting point for both my hunter and for his rogue - our first Proudmoore characters. Upon reaching the main city, Darnassus, for the first time, we were overwhelmed with its sheer size - and stood, gaping in awe at the impressive Night Elf architecture.

I went into Victoria University today, to finalise my enrolment, for starting on 10th July. It took me a while to walk up the hill to reach the Kelburn campus and when I got there I realised just how freaking big the buildings are. I saw a map and it reminded me of my arrival in Darnassus for the first time. Looking at the map gave me an indication of where I wanted to go - of which I had no trouble finding - but it still didn't diminish the magnitude of the place.

It's funny to think that when you first encounter something new it may very well be quite overwhelming - quite incredible. After a time, however, we become accustomed to even the most immense megaliths. Perhaps the same principle holds true for almost anything in life. Desensitisation can come upon the least suspecting person - and apathy can creep up on even the most seasoned soldier. This is why it's important to never lose your awe of what you believe - to never see reading God's Word as simply a task among many; to never get fed up with half-hearted prayers that don't seem to yield any results; to never stop breathing in the pure goodness of life in general and marvel at everything around us - our gift.

Keep the faith.

-Timotheos
Semper fidelis

No comments: