Sunday, June 25, 2006

World of Glass

Self-validation. Now that's what I call building yourself up ^^ The latest WriteSparks article was a short piece written by the author of the software - herself being a writer, of course - and was about self-validation. It doesn't matter what other people say about your writing, so long as you know within yourself that you are a gifted writer and that what you write means something to you. Be your own judge, basically. I'm a d*mn good writer, w00t!

Well, I've received nothing but positive comments regarding my literary-inclined pursuits over the years but I'm sure that the time will come when I put in a whole lot of effort only to get back criticism and negative comments regarding a submission. Meh, things like that just slide off. The Holy Spirit gave me this gift and I intend to see it through, regardless of my inability to touch-type and the fact that there are always going to be people out there who want to frown at particular pieces, regardless of how truly impressive and inspirational they may be.

A career involving writing to a large extent is something definitely worth pursuing, as that is truly where I see myself making headway - and ultimately being a part of changing this world of darkness. What's worse than receiving slanderous remarks and biased criticism is hiding your hands under a rock and not sitting down at the keyboard to put into words what could, and oftentimes very well should, be said.

Speaking the truth is great. Living a life of integrity and embracing the truth is worship. We were made for relationship. Amazing how just this morning I was talking to Josh about how imperative it is to stay a part of the vine, and then this guest speaker, Duane Newport, speaks about the vine and relationships within the church. Our Lord truly is a God of confirmation and wonder ^^

What's also amazing is that I stopped playing my mage at tea time and haven't logged back in since. Wish I had an image to put up here, but... I don't browse the net much these days. Perhaps if I did I wouldn't struggle so much to put up a daily Blog entry. Guess we'll see how this week goes ^L^

My toes are cold. 추워!

-Timotheos
Gliding

No comments: