Saturday, June 10, 2006

Shapes Are So Tasty

Irish accents are so cool. Especially pretty young women with Irish accents. I have a friend who is currently studying at a university in Germany. He went to school in Ireland and so when he speaks English he has an Irish accent. It's quite unique. He's actually Korean by birth but learned German when he was young, having grown up a little in Germany while his family lived there. Three languages fluently spoken and here I am stuck with just one.

I've always wanted to learn other languages. It's just not as easy as reading a book and listening to a recording, though. Of course, things would be so much easier if everything could be learned Matrix-style, but that just isn't the case. What I wouldn't give to have another language downloaded directly to my brain. I could take my pick of any number of languages then ^L^

Makes me think of coffee, actually. How I started this Blog entry does, anyway. Irish coffee. Then you've got all these other fancy coffees, like Brazilian roast and Jamaican. Coffee seems to be almost as diverse as the world itself, with all of its many different cultures and people groups. It's not just language that I find to be interesting, but cultures as a whole - cultures and history. Not that I retain much historical knowledge, but it does still interest me, on the whole.

Coffee and culture. Who'd have thought...?

-Timotheos
Burnished bronze

No comments: